- ["/SchedulingInUNIXAndLinux"] Scheduling in UNIX and Linux
- A short and incomplete introduction to how tasks interact with the kernel.
/MemoryManagement Memory Management talk by Rik van Riel
- IRC talk on memory management
KernelMemoryAllocation by Arnout Vandecappelle.
- A brief overview of the different memory management mechanisms used in the kernel.
/CopyUser Copy from/to user-space implementation.
- A description of the x86 copy_from/to_user() core code.
Device driver infrastructure
/InitcallMechanism Understanding The Linux Kernel Initcall Mechanism by Trevor Woerner.
- How module_init() and friends work.
- ["/LinuxIPNetworking"] Linux IP Networking by Glenn Herrin
- A description of Linux 2.2's IP stack, with diagrams.
- ["/Netfilter"] Netfilter talk by Harald Welte
- IRC talk on netfilter