I'm a complex human being. I'm spiritual. I love reading and learning new things.
I have amazing people in my life, whom I love dearly. I love being around positive people with goals, wisdom and a passion for life.
I'm happy with my life. I'm accomplishing different goals I have:
- I want to become a software engineer or web application developer,
- create an awesome website,
- learn to draw,
- get better at playing the piano,
- along with other miscellaneous small goals.
I am also hilarious.
Things that are very important to me:
- Programming - I've been coding since I was 13 and it's my field of choice. I want to be a software engineer or web application developer. [More on that later...]
- Music - I love playing the piano, and I enjoy listening to jazz and classical pieces on Pandora. And I also like metal and screamo. It just sounds beautiful to me.
- Healthy Eating - I'm a health nut. 99% of the food I eat is either organic or free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners and preservatives.
- Exercise - I bike everywhere I go; a minimum of 20 miles a week.
- Human Rights - I'm not as active about this now because of time, but when I was, I stood for issues affecting the LGBTQ community, women, people of color, veterans, problems in the Middle East, poverty...
- Being a Good Person - I think before I speak. I avoid drama. I'm not afraid to apologize. I think of how what I say/do affects other people. I like sharing. I always appreciate what people do for me. I avoid talking negatively about people, and when I do I always feel like a jerk. I'm not afraid to give hugs to someone that needs one.
My life in code
I got into coding when I was 13 in 9th grade. I was playing games on my TI-83 calculator and wanted to figure out how it worked; I already had a habit of taking this apart to figure out they worked. I learned how to code in BASIC just by looking at the code for those games, and ended up making 2 of my own games and made flag animations on the calculator. I didn't think of it as a skill, I just thought it was a fun hobby.
Through my high school career, I taught myself how to use HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, and create web/graphic design. In my senior year, classmates and I joined InvenTeams, a program created by MIT. I built/programmed robots. I also made myspace pages.
And now, I'm learning Ruby and Ruby on Rails.