|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
| * Direct add any mentors to opw-kernel, opw-kernel-interns, and opw-kernel-alumni. Send these three welcome messages as you subscribe them:
Application Period Tasks
Mailing list tasks
- Approve people who apply to the opw-kernel google groups. Approve anyone.
- Direct add any mentors to opw-kernel, opw-kernel-interns, and opw-kernel-alumni. Send these three welcome messages as you subscribe them:
Internship wrap-up tasks
Mailing list tasks
- Move all interns from opw-kernel-interns to opw-kernel-alumni. Send this email notifying them of the change, and make sure to thank the individual interns, so that the current subscribers to the list can welcome the new alumni.
Greetings OPW interns! The [TIME PERIOD] OPW internship period has ended, and we now have [NUMBER OF PAST INTERNS] new OPW kernel alumni: - [INTERN] worked on [PROJECT] with her mentor, [MENTOR] Thank you to all the OPW mentors who helped out in this last round! The OPW kernel internships would not be possible without your guidance and mentoring. As this internship period ends, I'm moving all past interns and mentors from the opw-kernel-interns mailing list to the opw-kernel-alumni mailing list. opw-kernel-alumni is a low-traffic mailing list for past OPW interns to ask for advice, post their successes, or look for jobs. All past OPW mentors are subscribed to this list, so you are welcome to use us as a sounding board. OPW alumni and mentors are encouraged to post internship or job opportunities, conference CFPs, speaking opportunities to this list, or diversity outreach efforts, as long as they are related to Linux or open source. You will also be subscribed by Marina to a general OPW alumni list, email@example.com.
- Move all past mentors from opw-kernel-interns to opw-kernel-alumni. Leave them on opw-kernel-mentors.
- Ask past mentors if they want to remain on opw-kernel, to review the next round of patches. Ask if they want to participate as a mentor again.