|Deletions are marked like this.
|Additions are marked like this.
|= Onging development =
|= Ongoing development =
Linux kernel sysctl support
This is an informal wiki to keep tabs on Linux kernel proc sysctl support ongoing R&D and outstanding things.
Previous pull requests
This contains the list of changes sent to Linus, this is a summary, you can get the full details with git log --merges --grep="Pull sysctl".
Joel Granados has stepped up to do the major work on removal of the extra empty sentinel for sysctls, saving us about 64 bytes per array and no more bloating when we move sysctls out from kernel/sysctl.c to its own subsystem. We expect full removal of the sentinel by v6.8-rc1.
Things requiring more community eyeballs or maintainer review:
- const stuff - Joel's got this
- removing ctl sentinel - Joel's hacking on this, should be ready for next merge window
- remove kernel/sysctl.c kitchen sink
- extend kdevops sysctl testing with kunit sysctl support, it already has selftests support
- connect with patchwork as eBPF folks have done for certain patches
- hookup kdeovps sysctl testing with 0-day