I'm a complex human being. I'm spiritual. I love reading and learning new things.
I have amazing people in my life, whom I love dearly. I love being around positive people with goals, wisdom and a passion for life.
I'm happy with my life. I'm accomplishing different goals I have:
- I want to become a software engineer or web application developer,
- create an awesome website,
- learn to draw,
- get better at playing the piano,
- along with other miscellaneous small goals.
I am also hilarious.
Things that are very important to me:
I like putting ideas into organized lists. So here's a list of things I'm passionate about:
- Programming - I've been coding since I was 13 and it's my field of choice. I want to be a software engineer or web application developer. [More on that later...]
- Music - I love playing the piano, and I enjoy listening to jazz and classical pieces on Pandora. And I also like metal and screamo. It just sounds beautiful to me.
- Healthy Eating - I'm a health nut. 99% of the food I eat is either organic or free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners and preservatives.
- Exercise - I bike everywhere I go; a minimum of 20 miles a week.
- Human Rights - I'm not as active about this now because of time, but when I was, I stood for issues affecting the LGBTQ community, women, people of color, veterans, problems in the Middle East, poverty...
- Being a Good Person - I think before I speak. I avoid drama. I'm not afraid to apologize. I think of how what I say/do affects other people. I like sharing. I always appreciate what people do for me. I avoid talking negatively about people, and when I do I always feel like a jerk. I'm not afraid to give hugs to someone that needs one.
Things I think about
Boundaries and how important they are in my life.
How I want to live my life, things I want to do, where I want to live, etc. I like making plans for goals and actually following through with them. Life is enjoyable when you're moving towards something great and beautiful instead of running away from something terrifying and daunting. Better to run towards happiness than away from misery.
The many different ways that the things I say can be interpreted.
Everyday I have to ask myself these questions: "Spend lots of time prettying myself up for the general population (which never seems to be satisfied with how I look)? Or spend that time coding, reading a book or learning something new about myself?", "Stay quiet and passive when someone is patronizing, disrespectful or downright abusive to me? Or let them know how I feel, stand up for myself and purge them from my life without hesitation when they don't apologize and show me they've changed?", "Did I say/do that because I wanted to? Or because I'm expected to and it'll make someone else happy?", "Move forward? Or stay in place?", "How can I be a better person for myself and the people I love today?", "Does the cost outweigh the benefits?", "Am I looking at this situation from all possible perspectives? If not, how can I start?", "Does this person need a hug?" and of course "Coffee? Or tea?"