Each project may have some small tasks you can complete as part of the application process. Do not start on these tasks until after you complete the first patch tutorial and Greg Kroah-Hartman has accepted at least ten of your cleanup patches and two of your patchsets.
This page is used to coordinate which Outreachy applicant is working on which small task for Outreachy mentors. Each project will list those tasks on [:OutreachyIntro:the Outreachy intro page], or link to a list of tasks from that page. Please complete the following steps before starting on a small task:
- Create a kernelnewbies account and make sure to remember your password. Password reset does not always work.
- Get an Outreachy mentor or coordinator to give you edit privileges by sending an email to the outreachy-kernel mailing list with the subject "[KERNEL NEWBIES ACCESS] username", where username is your kernel newbies username.
- If you do not get access within three business days (weekdays), start asking for access on IRC.
- Claim a task by adding the information from this template:
Task name:[http://kernelnewbies.org/LaurentPinchart/Media Controller Virtual Driver].Building the Media Controller Test Tool
Claimed by: Ksenija Stanojevic email@example.com, ksenija
- Date claimed:28.02.2015
- Links to patch submissions: This patch will not go upstream
- Current status: Completed
If you have claimed a task, but haven't completed it in a week, the task will be removed from this page, and any applicant can tackle that task. If you have submitted a solution to a task, please update this page with a link to your initial patchset, so that we know you're making progress. Please only claim one task at a time. Make sure to update this page once the task is done by moving your task template to the "Completed Tasks" section.