← Revision 13 as of 2017-12-30 01:30:13 → ⇥
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|Line 20:||Line 23:|
|I like putting ideas into organized lists. So here's a list of things I'm passionate about:
|Line 34:||Line 35:|
|== Things I think about ==
Boundaries and how important they are in my life.
How I want to live my life, things I want to do, where I want to live, etc. I like making plans for goals and actually following through with them. Life is enjoyable when you're moving towards something great and beautiful instead of running away from something terrifying and daunting. Better to run towards happiness than away from misery.
The many different ways that the things I say can be interpreted.
Everyday I have to ask myself these questions: "Spend lots of time prettying myself up for the general population (which never seems to be satisfied with how I look)? Or spend that time coding, reading a book or learning something new about myself?", "Stay quiet and passive when someone is patronizing, disrespectful or downright abusive to me? Or let them know how I feel, stand up for myself and purge them from my life without hesitation when they don't apologize and show me they've changed?", "Did I say/do that because I wanted to? Or because I'm expected to and it'll make someone else happy?", "Move forward? Or stay in place?", "How can I be a better person for myself and the people I love today?", "Does the cost outweigh the benefits?", "Am I looking at this situation from all possible perspectives? If not, how can I start?", "Does this person need a hug?" and of course "Coffee? Or tea?"
|Line 47:||Line 38:|
|Through my high school career, I taught myself how to use HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, and create web/graphic design. In my senior year, classmates and I joined InvenTeams, a program created by MIT. I built/programmed robots. I also made myspace pages. I'd post pictures, but I don't have rights to the photos I used. I was young. *shrug*||Through my high school career, I taught myself how to use HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, and create web/graphic design. In my senior year, classmates and I joined InvenTeams, a program created by MIT. I built/programmed robots. I also made myspace pages.|
|Line 53:||Line 44:|
|== This is a work in progress... ==
Email: [[MailTo(lidza DOT louina AT gee male DOT com)]]
|Email: <<MailTo(lidza DOT louina AT gee male DOT com)>>|
I'm a complex human being. I'm spiritual. I love reading and learning new things.
I have amazing people in my life, whom I love dearly. I love being around positive people with goals, wisdom and a passion for life.
I'm happy with my life. I'm accomplishing different goals I have:
- I want to become a software engineer or web application developer,
- create an awesome website,
- learn to draw,
- get better at playing the piano,
- along with other miscellaneous small goals.
I am also hilarious.
Things that are very important to me:
- Programming - I've been coding since I was 13 and it's my field of choice. I want to be a software engineer or web application developer. [More on that later...]
- Music - I love playing the piano, and I enjoy listening to jazz and classical pieces on Pandora. And I also like metal and screamo. It just sounds beautiful to me.
- Healthy Eating - I'm a health nut. 99% of the food I eat is either organic or free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners and preservatives.
- Exercise - I bike everywhere I go; a minimum of 20 miles a week.
- Human Rights - I'm not as active about this now because of time, but when I was, I stood for issues affecting the LGBTQ community, women, people of color, veterans, problems in the Middle East, poverty...
- Being a Good Person - I think before I speak. I avoid drama. I'm not afraid to apologize. I think of how what I say/do affects other people. I like sharing. I always appreciate what people do for me. I avoid talking negatively about people, and when I do I always feel like a jerk. I'm not afraid to give hugs to someone that needs one.
My life in code
I got into coding when I was 13 in 9th grade. I was playing games on my TI-83 calculator and wanted to figure out how it worked; I already had a habit of taking this apart to figure out they worked. I learned how to code in BASIC just by looking at the code for those games, and ended up making 2 of my own games and made flag animations on the calculator. I didn't think of it as a skill, I just thought it was a fun hobby.
Through my high school career, I taught myself how to use HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, and create web/graphic design. In my senior year, classmates and I joined InvenTeams, a program created by MIT. I built/programmed robots. I also made myspace pages.
And now, I'm learning Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Email: <lidza DOT louina AT gee male DOT com>